History of enterprise

In 1945 the Soviet of People's Commissar made a decision about creation in town Orsha of a plant of heating boiler by resolution № 1802. On basis of this plant in 1952 the enterprise of domestic sewing-machines was organized. In 1963 the plant begun to produce industrial sewing-machines as the demand on domestic sewing-machines was satisfied.

In 1968 the plant was renamed to the plant of light engineering industry and specialized in output of sewing and knitting equipment for light industry.

From December 1, 1976 to 1990 the plant was the parent enterprise of production association “Promshvejmash” consisting of plants “Legmash” in Poltava and Rostov-on-Don as well as special design office of sewing equipment (SDO SE) in Orsha.

In 1991 the plant was reorganized to lease enterprise PO “Promshvejmash” as a result of disintegration of production association.

On May 6, 1994 open joint stock company “Orsha” was established. From July 31, 2004 the plant was renamed to OJSC “Plant of sewing machines” by resolution № 473 of July 31, 2004 of Vitebsk Oblast Executive Committee.

November 15, 2007 the enterprise was renamed to OJSC “Plant “Legmash”.